Gettysburg: Final Measure Of Devotion
You’ve been waiting for it since the summer and it is finally here,
and just in time to for the holidays!
Gettysburg: Final Measure of Devotion
This is the official commemorative film of the 150th Anniversary National Civil War Battle Reenactment featuring more than four hours of material. The anticipated ship date of the DVD is November 22nd. The Blu-Ray DVD will be shipped after the regular DVD due to a longer production schedule. Be the first to buy your Commemorative 150th Anniversary DVD “The Last Full Measure” on Saturday November 23rd, on Steinwher Avenue across the street from O’Rorkes restaurant in Gettysburg.
The Main Feature theme of this historic piece of work is President Lincoln’s role as Commander-in-Chief in the battle of Gettysburg and how, through his brief comments delivered in the Gettysburg Address, forever hallowed the sacrifices made at Gettysburg in the name of freedom. This main program features all the close-up action from this summer’s mega reenactment showcasing battles with over 10,000 Reenactors. The program also features lead historian and best selling author of Gettysburg: The Last Invasion, Professor Allen Guelzo of Gettysburg College. His articulate commentary places the battle in perspective within American history. The program also features for the first time ever in any film the expertly colorized 150 year old photographs of the major figures of the battle by Denmark-based artist Mads Dahl Madsen. His work is simply breathtaking and deeply humanizes the soldiers and commanders by erasing centuries of time and literally bringing these men back to life.
See a four minute sneak peek of “Pickett’s Charge” from Gettysburg: Final Measure of Devotion at the link below.
|Sneak Peek at Pickett’s Charge
Order the movie and also purchase tickets to next year’s event at this link www.gettysburgreenactment.com
Special Extras on both the DVD and Blu-Ray disc include…
- An exclusive 20-minute interview with Ronald F. Maxwell reflecting on his Civil War films, Gettysburg and Gods & Generals, as well as providing insight into creating historical films.
- An extended interview with historian, Professor Allen Guelzo, who provides even more depth to the battle and President Lincoln.
- A behind the scene interview with the organizers of the event, the Gettysburg Anniversary Committee
- Additional Battle footage from the Reenactment
In addition to the battle features in the main program there are four additional edited battles set to music, as well as camp life, and scenes from the reenactment itself.
- The entire 90-minute battle of Pickett’s Charge in HD as it unfolded live at the Gettysburg National Civil War Reenactment. This includes the presentation of the swords to the commanders before the battle as well as, the committee’s donations on behalf of Civil War historic preservation.
- The director of Gettysburg: Final Measure of Devotion, Robert Child, is an Emmy® nominated filmmaker. Both the DVD and Blu-Ray feature video trailers from his other historical films.
All inclusive, the material on the DVD and Blu-Ray of Gettysburg: Final Measure of Devotion is a release worthy of the 150th Anniversary, and the perfect gift for a Civil War enthusiast.
Order yours today at: www.gettysburgreenactment.com
A Director’s Preview of Gettysburg: Final Measure of Devotion will be held at the Gettysburg Lutheran Theological Seminary on Remembrance Day Weekend by invitation.